Monday, August 16, 2010

This weekend.

Wow. This weekend was just full of excitement. On Friday night we got to have a much needed family night. The four of us headed up the hill to Auburn to go to "Fast Fridays" It is a Flat SpeedRacing track where I wasn't sure what was about to happen but I know my kid will never be doing it. I would freak out. We have videos on our phones... I hope I can figure out how to upload them. There were also three dudes there from the XGames who were doing crazy and stupid jumps on their bikes. They were 35 feet int he air for about 75 feet. They were doing jumps and swerves in the air and even backflips. STUPID PEOPLE!! :) It was fun to watch the little pee wee's race and then the juniors and the fast dudes were just that fast and nuts. We had a lot of fun, got hit by some dirt and enjoyed just hanging out.

Mikes brother was doing power for a big outdoor music and art festival in San Francisco this weekend as well. He got us two free passes for Saturday. It was an experience. Wow. It was so nice to have time with Mike. We haven't really had a date or been able to do anything fun with just the two of us since the wedding/honeymoon. We took the kids to grandma's and headed for Golden Gate Park. Besides the fact that it took us 4.5 hours to get there it was a nice drive ha ha. We got in back stage and hung out with David for a little bit and then just wandered around and people watched and explored and listened to a band. It was a lovely time watching old hippies, younger hippies, some normal people, oh and the smell of pot was just filling the air.. mmm mmm skunky!! :) No seriously we loved getting to spend time together. I ask Mike if Pot being around you could make you high he said no that I was probably just high on life and the fact that this is one of the first times I haven't had to worry about kids or deal with fighting or anything like that in a looong time. It felt good.

Sunday we hung out at Mikes mom's house. We just relaxed. The kids played and swam. We are now in the back to school swing of things.

The kids both start 5th grade tomorrow. Oh My. They are currently at two different schools. We are waiting it out a little bit to see how that goes and to see if an opening happens at 5th grade at Nathan's school. It's so hard to be a parent these days. Everyone has their opinions on whether you are making the right choice or not for your kid. I think sometimes people forget that your child is just that... your child. I was talking to a teacher today and though we respect her and like her she was telling me things that as I left I was like. She does realize those were my kids she was talking about. I didn't give birth to them, but I am their mom and I care deeply for them and want the best for them. She gets that right. Sometimes I fear that kids become like data or numbers in a big school system. It hurts my heart. I did like the teachers that the kids have, not to figure out what school they will both be going to. AHHH.

No comments:

Post a Comment