Friday, August 13, 2010

What has been happening?

Well here we are. We haven't posted in forever and we find ourselves wondering where summer went. It is hard to believe that the kids start school on Tuesday. We are trying to gear up for the school schedule of life. Right now we are trying to figure out where our kids will be going to school. Currently Nathan is enrolled at the school we want both of our kids to go to. It is known to be an excellent school and our kids are in need of a fresh start and a place that will embrace them for who they are! Aliyah is at the school they went to last year. We are fighting hard to get her into AC but there is no room at the inn at this time. Very Frustrating.

We can't wait to head to St. Louis in just a few weeks! We are so excited to see family and friends and WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET OUR NEPHEW!!!! Micah Brian was born July 16th and it just makes us crazy that we haven't met him in person. Thank God for Skype!

My work with Thirty-One (www.mythirtyone.com/melissacarr) has been going great! I am doing well and have two consultants I am sponsoring already! Once they qualify I will already be a Senior Consultant! We are excited that I can bring in some extra money to help out with house projects, bills, a possible new car in the future and more.

I am learning a lot about being a mom and a wife and trying to do all I can to be the best I can. Our next door neighbor is also a stay at home mom and her and I have been getting a long well. We are different but I think there is beauty in that. They are a nice Christian family and our kids love hanging out with their kids. They have had a movie night next door almost every night this week.

I find myself hard to believe that life last year was nothing like this and that we have the life we have right now. Mike's work has gone from INSANITY to a "normal" work week for him which is an incredible blessing.

We have done a lot of work around here. We painting an alcove in the dining room, all three bathrooms and Aliyahs room. We also got new lights for our bathroom so that is super exciting. The rest of the painting will just have to wait for a while. it is a ton of work and a ton of money. Baby steps. I want to put a video up of the house and what we have done but that requires the house to be a little more on the "clean" side. The kids and I have been running around like crazy this week. We went to sunsplash twice and have been here and there and everywhere the other days. I am hoping to get some major motivation to clean in a few minutes here then I will video for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment